My Goal: To read a talk a day from the General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and blog about it.

I know this will help me but I also hope you will join me in my journey. The principles taught at Conference are true principle of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and will bring you everlasting happiness.



Click on the Title to View Entire Talk
Read it and then feel free to share your favorite quote and why.
Let's learn together!

Monday, October 11, 2010

As We Meet Together Again

by President Thomas S. Monson
Saturday Morning October 2010

I love listening to the Prophet.  He is so inspiring and loving.  It seems that he has been very emotional the last few times I've listened to him.  Has anyone else noticed?

He announced 5 new temples!! 


"We continue to build temples. This morning I am pleased to announce five additional temples for which sites are being acquired and which, in coming months and years, will be built in the following locations: Lisbon, Portugal; Indianapolis, Indiana; Urdaneta, Philippines; Hartford, Connecticut; and Tijuana, Mexico.

The ordinances performed in our temples are vital to our salvation and to the salvation of our deceased loved ones. May we continue faithful in attending the temples, which are being built closer and closer to our members."

However the main message the Prophet brought was about missionary work. I had a nephew return home from his mission the Saturday evening of Conference so this was especially meaningful.

"First, to young men of the Aaronic Priesthood and to you young men who are becoming elders: I repeat what prophets have long taught—that every worthy, able young man should prepare to serve a mission. Missionary service is a priesthood duty—an obligation the Lord expects of us who have been given so very much. Young men, I admonish you to prepare for service as a missionary. Keep yourselves clean and pure and worthy to represent the Lord. Maintain your health and strength. Study the scriptures. Where such is available, participate in seminary or institute. Familiarize yourself with the missionary handbook Preach My Gospel."

He also welcomed any sisters that would like to serve missions although it is not a Priesthood responsibility as it is with the men.

"And now to you mature brothers and sisters: we need many, many more senior couples. To the faithful couples now serving or who have served in the past, we thank you for your faith and devotion to the gospel of Jesus Christ. You serve willingly and well and accomplish great good.

To those of you who are not yet to the season of life when you might serve a couples mission, I urge you to prepare now for the day when you and your spouse might do so. As your circumstances allow, as you are eligible for retirement, and as your health permits, make yourselves available to leave home and give full-time missionary service. There are few times in your lives when you will enjoy the sweet spirit and satisfaction that come from giving full-time service together in the work of the Master."

I did not serve a full-time mission but it has been a goal of mine and my husband. I am so thankful to those that sacrifice to serve the Lord.

No comments: