My Goal: To read a talk a day from the General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and blog about it.

I know this will help me but I also hope you will join me in my journey. The principles taught at Conference are true principle of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and will bring you everlasting happiness.



Click on the Title to View Entire Talk
Read it and then feel free to share your favorite quote and why.
Let's learn together!

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Stake Conference

What a great weekend!  We had stake conference and the Sunday portion was broadcast to our Region.  We were privileged to hear from Sister Beck, Elder Holland, and Pres. Packer

Last night Pres. and Sister Bateman came to our adult session so we were able to hear from them also.  I couldn't take notes with the kids so I'll do my best to give a synopsis from what I remember.

Pres. Bateman
  • importance of attending the Temple - the more we go the deeper our understanding - after 54 years he's just starting to understand some new things
  • Almost everything in the Temple points to Christ 
  • he was reading in the 1st Temple President of the Provo Temple's journal and he talked about a time when Christ visited the Temple - when we enter the Temple we are walking on Hallowed ground
Sis. Beck 
  • we are doing better than we think we are but we could still be doing better
  • it all comes down to priorities (a theme she's spoken of a lot this year)
Elder Holland
  • We are facing troubling times ahead
  • To illustrate how we should handle the times ahead he looked to the Pioneers who settled further south in Utah
  • nobody wanted to get sent to "the muddy" so when a girl found out their family was asked to go she was sobbing - a friend asked why she was so upset & told her that her father could just say no - she said "I'm crying because I know my dad will say yes and I wouldn't own him as a father any other way"
  • Are we willing to drop everything to answer the Lord's call?
  • Difference between sacrifice (we're giving up something that is ours) and consecrate (we're offering all we have to the Lord)
  • We need to be willing to consecrate
Pres. Packer 
  • turned 87 yesterday
  • we are living in a terrible world with horrible times ahead
  • we have it harder than the pioneers
  • As a young missionary Elder Bednar helped bride a train conductor $20 to let Sis. Packer stay on the train in East Germany b/c her passport wasn't valid there

No comments: