My Goal: To read a talk a day from the General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and blog about it.

I know this will help me but I also hope you will join me in my journey. The principles taught at Conference are true principle of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and will bring you everlasting happiness.



Click on the Title to View Entire Talk
Read it and then feel free to share your favorite quote and why.
Let's learn together!

Monday, September 6, 2010

Welcome to Conference

by President Thomas S. Monson
Saturday Morning April 2010

The church continues to grow. We are building Temples and helping those in need around the world.

"Thank you, my brothers and sisters, for your faith and devotion to the gospel of Jesus Christ. Thank you for all that you do in your wards and branches, in your stakes and districts. You serve willingly and well and accomplish great good. May the Lord bless you as you strive to follow Him and to obey His commandments."

It is important that we are always doing our part to build up the Kingdom of God.

I love how tender the Prophet speaks of his wife. What a great and tender example of love and how we should treat our spouses and loved ones.

"Many of you are aware that a short time after October conference, my dear wife, Frances, suffered a fall, which left her with a broken hip and a broken shoulder. After two successful surgeries and several weeks of hospitalization, she was able to return home. She is doing well and continues to make progress toward a full recovery. She was able to attend the general Young Women meeting last Saturday and plans to attend a session or two this weekend. In fact, at the last minute she said, “I’m going today!” And she’s here! She joins me in expressing our deep gratitude to our Heavenly Father and to all of you for your prayers and your well wishes in her behalf."

1 comment:

John Hilton III said...

I like how you pointed out the prophet is setting an example in how to treat a spouse. Thanks for your efforts on this great blog!